Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday September 8, 2009 10:10 PM

I did decide to call upon our friend and neighbor, who is a flight nurse and lives a few doors down, to come over and take a look at John about 4:00 AM. She came over and went over his blood sugar count and his heart rate. He was getting more alert, but didn't know who she was. In time, we decided he was stable enough for now.
I heard back from the ER rep. and she advised me to contact the doctor and go over the symptoms we have been dealing with. After hours of waiting, they set up an appointment for tomorrow at 8:30 AM to come in for an IV and they are going to "flush his system out." I don't know exactly what that means, but it sounded like a good plan to me, if it means to get the chemicals out of him that are causing all this trouble. I'll ask them if this means they can take the CT Scan sooner and start him on another treatment program.
As the day went on, John was feeling really good. He decided he wanted to get out for lunch and go see his fellow workers at Target. We went over and he was so welcomed by the staff. I bet there were at least 10 people that took a break and came over to talk to him and tell them how much they missed him there at work. I know he felt very good about that visit and it made me feel good to see him react to getting out and getting caught up with them. They have been so supportive and been following up on him all the time.
So, we'll see how the night goes and I'll report in after I know more what tomorrow's procedure entails.

No comments:

Post a Comment