Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday Sept. 11, 2009 11:46

With all that is going on, good and the bad, it is getting later every night in getting the update to you.

This will be short, because all is quiet for the second day in a row. John is still feeling very good and able to, more or less, tend himself. He is still using the walker, which he calls his "Cadillac", but I don't have to help him get dressed.

Oh, but I have to tell you this: John woke up and said, "Boy am I tired. I had nightmares all night. I was fighting a big war all by myself and I am exhausted. But, the good news it, I won."

We talked tonight about how wonderful it is to see such a huge change in him from being so ill to feeling so good. We are hoping this might mean the chemo do take a lot of the cancer cells out. The 17th is still too far away.

The only thing you need to think about right now is, if you want to visit, please call ahead of time so we can get the big dog in the backyard, so he won't jump on anyone or get out the door and run away or get hit by a car. John is up to some company, but probably best to make it short.

Until tomorrow, good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment