Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday December 4, 2009 11:14 AM

This will be short, but needs to be said.

Yesterday was the worst yet. All day John was incoherent and doing odd things and hard to deal with, because he wasn't registering everything.

Our barking dog, which drives me crazy, was barking like a maniac at 4:20 this morning, when the doorbell rang. When I went to the door, there stood John in his PJ's. It about blew me away. I asked him what he was doing out there and he said, "I'm freezing". I can come up with endless things that could have taken his life during this event. One, if Zoie wouldn't have barked, I wouldn't have checked the door and being just 15 degrees out, he would have frozen to death.

Then later on, he took a bad fall in the bathroom and didn't want to attempt getting up for awhile. He hit his head and hurt his hip, but Lori and I finally got him up and back to bed.

Now the challenge is getting his blood sugar count, food in him and his meds taken.

I am getting pretty scared of what might be coming and I think I am going to have to get help for him. It is a surety that I can not leave him alone for a minute, not to mention I don't know what to do if he decides to sleep walk away from home.

Young John is flying in on Monday and he, Lori and I will have some serious talking to do. I don't think he could follow a conversation right now, but we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Nancy, I'm sorry that you guys have to go through this! PLEASE, as always, let us know how we can help. We'd love to come sit with John sometime if you need to get away so he's not alone. Love you!

    ReplyDelete