Sunday, August 23, 2009

August 23, 2009 10:15 P.M

I need to update tonight, while things are clear in my mind. Things happen so fast, it is hard to keep up with it all.

Last Friday I had to take John in to the doctor, because he was not acting right, again. He has been vomiting a lot, not eating and not clear headed. He is down to 143 pounds. They put an IV in and gave him a 3 hour drip. The next day he was a ton better. His appetite was improved and spirits were high. When he woke up, he asked for french toast, which I gladly made him.

It looks like the nausea has settled down and he is doing better. But today, he took a fall and scraped his arm. Nothing serious, but it just shows how weak and unstable he is. tomorrow I am going to get him a walker and I don't dare leave him alone at all, so will be leaning on friends and family to help keep an eye on him, while I fulfill some important business obligations.

This Friday he is scheduled for his 3rd chemo treatment and let's hope it goes a little bit smother than last time. Then, we have 2 more weeks before he can have another scan to se if the treatment is doing any good.

Continued thanks for many cards, emails, prayers and help in our behalf.




3 comments:

  1. Please let me know if I can do anything. I know with a 2 and 3 year old I'm not much help but we're here if you need us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so grateful for your regular updates. Wish I lived closer so I could help out.

    Love, Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy Nancy... wish we were closer. Tell John hello from us! Lots of love, David, Debbie and family in Florida!

    ReplyDelete