Friday, August 14, 2009

August 14, 2009

This will be short and sweet!

When I went to the hospital and looked at John, I had a hard time even imaging he was so sick just a few days ago. He was in little pain, good spirits, great attitude and ready to face the upcoming battle, no matter what it brought with it. So am I.

I told him I didn't want to hear "I'm sorry to put you through this" or "I don't want to be a burden" again; that we were a team, the good with the bad. We all know life is not always going to be easy, but we do know it will be worth it.

So, the doctors released him and he is home. The pain level today is 2-3, very tolerable. He is up and at it and all I can say is prayer is powerful.

For now, he goes for his second chemo treatment today at 11:00, which will take about three hours. We'll see what comes after that. We have 3 more weeks, before they will take another body scan, to see how the treatment is doing. Remember, our prayer is that the chemo will do a "clean sweep" over his body and kill all the cancer cells at once. Miracles do happen, you know.

Lori was in Washington D. C. for some training on her job, for the whole time her dad was in the hospital, so we are glad she is home now.

Until next report, keep doing what you are doing, we feel the love and support. Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, Prayers do work! Praying for healing, strength and guideance for all of you. Sending everyone lots of hugs and love! Mary B. and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thinking of you guys. Glad his pain is being managed and he gets to come home. I will call you this week sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that the pain is less. You're always in our thoughts and prayers.

    Love, Gracie and Spock

    ReplyDelete