Wednesday, August 19, 2009

August 19, 2009

Well, I am learning not to trust this unpredictable fierce disease.

John had his second chemo treatment last Friday and it went perfectly well. He had been home for two days, feeling so good, you would think he was close to being his ole self. But then strange things started to happen.

You could tell the pain levels had increased, but he could not give me a number (you know, on the 1 to 10 scale). He would either not answer the level, say zero or 50. Then he would start saying crazy things, off the wall things, that made no sense.

He has been throwing up, even though the doctor said the chemo would not even make his nauseated, but something is.

When he sleeps, he has nightmares, throwing his arms and legs in the air, talking gibberish and moaning. Not to mention getting up and doing nutty things. Like at 1:45 this morning, he was up shaving and asked how long I would be gone. I asked where I was going and he said "camping".

I thought he had maybe taken too many meds and so I took them away and I am giving hem to him on schedule. I've had control of them long enough that anything should be out of his system by now and he is still acting out of it.

He is very shaky and his voice is raspy to a point you can't hardly talk with him. If he is out of my sight, I can't trust what he might be doing or getting into. I just caught him putting two sets of clothes on.

Monday, he was out on the swing and fell asleep. If it weren't for Kenny and Gayle, he would have gotten more burnt than he did. So, now I don't know if he is just hot from the sunburn or if he has a fever.

I called the doctor yesterday and they told me if he was acting the same way today, to call them. I have a call in to him today and suspect they will want to see him. So, here we go.

I'll update, when I hear back, it is spooky.

2 comments: